The Chateau Laurier, located in Ottawa, Canada,  celebrated its 100th birthday this year. Here is a shot from the canal side and not the conventional shot of the hotel itself which is usually the front. The front is very elegant but I think the side view shows the majesty of the building itself which, as you can see, is very well preserved.

I have stayed in many hotels in the the Ottawa area but never at the Chateau. Back in the sixties during Trudeau's campaign for election to PM I worked on a rival's campaign and remember attending a party at the Chateau but that is the closest I have ever got to experiencing the regal atmosphere of this fine hotel.

Olympus EPL-2, f/8, 1/400s, ISO-200, 14mm, in-camera Dramatic Art Filter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seth Thomas Gothic Beehive Mantle Clock

Seth Thomas Round Top Mantel Clock

No one told me about the last ten minutes