What do I take on vacation, camera equipment that is? Since I purchased my Olympus EPL-2 about a year and a half ago, I have changed the way I take photos. The EPL-2 is a very small camera and easy to take just about anywhere. So, a lighter kit is my preference. At the moment I am using a Panasonic 14-45mm zoom lens which has been serving me very well. Actually the lens is borrowed from my wife's Panasonic GF1 which now has the now infamous 20mm, f 1.7 more or less permanently mounted on it.

The Micro 4/3s  format has been a good choice and now that the format is maturing I feel the need to expand my lens collection. Hence the recent purchase of the Zuiko 45mm, 1.8 fixed prime lens. I have not had a chance to use the lens but expect that it will quickly become a favorite.

As for vacation shots the EPL-2 is fine for just about everything. But as I think back my trusty Olympus E-30, though a bit heavy with the 70-300 lens affixed to it, had been my reliable workhorse. Here is a shot taken on a street corner in downtown Ocho Rios, Jamaica taken with my E-30, 70-300mm (f/5, 1/320s, ISO-200, 202mm).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seth Thomas Gothic Beehive Mantle Clock

Seth Thomas Round Top Mantel Clock

No one told me about the last ten minutes