40-150mm Olympus Budget Zoom


150mm 1/250, ISO 200 f/5.6


138mm, ISO 200, 1/60s, f/5.5
This lens is the Olympus 40-150 f/4-5.6 that I picked up prior to this past summer. It is a budget class lens in the Olympus line-up. Although it does not excel as other, more expensive,
150mm, f/5.6, ISO 200, 1/320
Olympus zooms do, it is pretty decent and gives a lot of bang for the buck.

It is really good all the way up to 100mm and then softens a bit after that. On my EPL-5 I found it quick to focus, and very light to carry.

Because of the excellent 16mp sensor on the EPL-5 I had little difficulty getting good clear shots on higher ISO settings thereby maintaining a good shutter speed to compensate for this fairly slow lens. I have no regrets. Many of my better shots this summer have been taken with this lens.

Here are a couple of shots that I was testing at the long end to see if there was good detail and I am pleased - not tack sharp, but pretty good nonetheless. Even makes a pretty good macro lens with decent, not perfect, bokeh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seth Thomas Gothic Beehive Mantle Clock

Seth Thomas Round Top Mantel Clock

No one told me about the last ten minutes