Stromberg Carlson Radio Chassis Number 662

Dirty and grimy
 Of course there is a radio in the cabinet and this is what it looks like once taken out. Just 4 screws. The first photo shows it as it came out with close to 70 years of grease and grime.

Cleaned and polished
The second photo shows what it looks like once I cleaned it up. It was very simple, I used Q-tips and soapy water to take what I could off and a micro-fiber cloth to wipe it down afterwards. The tubes and shielding were cleaned and polished up a bit. Does the radio actually work?  I think so, but I have not powered it since I began plus the tuner cable is broken and when I thought I was tuning a station the variable capacitor (the tuner) did not move at all. I will give it another shot once I install it and we'll see what happens.

What I have learned is this. I thought that the model number for the radio console was 662. 662 actually refers to the radio chassis number. And like today, they put the same chassis in a number of radios. So, I really don't know what this model is called. the search continues.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seth Thomas Gothic Beehive Mantle Clock

Seth Thomas Round Top Mantel Clock

No one told me about the last ten minutes