Weather in winter - Cold, Dark and Dreary January

Yes, it is that time of the year. I am writing this on the last day of January. The first month of this year (2015) has been dark and dreary though I have to admit that we did get more than a couple of sunny days in this month.

January is never a good month for me, never memorable either. My father, God rest his soul, always dreaded the snowy months and once said that he feared dying during the winter. Well, he never made it that far, dying in December many, many years ago.

Backyard in January
I have never cared much for the month of January even though it is my birth month. My Psyche is always better once January passes. I always see February as the beginning of spring even though it can be a nasty month weather-wise but the days are longer and the sun is higher in the sky, both of which are good things, in my view.

Here is a shot of our backyard taken at 5:00pm on the last day of January 2015. January 2015, you won't be missed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seth Thomas Gothic Beehive Mantle Clock

Seth Thomas Round Top Mantel Clock

No one told me about the last ten minutes