A timely Gift

From the class of 2015-2016
Well, retirement had to come sooner or later and the end of January seemed to be the perfect time. My hour had come, so they say.

I was invited into the classroom; wait a minute I thought. Is something happening? A few seconds later they presented this very timely gift, a memento of my retirement, a clock. I have to give them a big hand!

The second year class whom I had taught for nearly two years knew that I had an interest in clock collecting and repair and thought that a timepiece would be appropriate as a retirement gift. And it was and I was touched. They even had it inscribed.

An appropriate memento
Interestingly enough it is probably the most accurate clock in our home. I have 25 mechanical clocks, all shapes and sizes and not one can maintain the accuracy of this small clock, such is the state of modern technology.

I looked on top and said, "what in the world is this? And it spins too. I thought my wife and I could use it to travel the world. You know, spins it with eyes closed and see what area of the world I touch that we could explore.
What on earth is this?
I will miss this class and I will miss my years of teaching. However I hope to see the smiling faces of the second year class at graduation in June as they proudly walk across the stage.

Go here to see my collection of clocks.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seth Thomas Gothic Beehive Mantle Clock

Seth Thomas Round Top Mantel Clock

No one told me about the last ten minutes