Dark Side of the Moon

Album art designer Storm Thorgerson died this week at age 69. Storm is most famous for his Pink Floyd "Prism" album, Dark Side of the Moon. 

I was in my basement last night trying to find my copy of the album, which I bought when it was released way back when in the early 70's (1973 I believe) when rock was going through an experimental phase. I found it. 

The album art was truly iconic but the music was something else; it was original and unconventional. I remember playing it for the first time and was not quite sure what to make of it. But it grew on me. It defined a new direction for rock music and solidified Pink Floyd as a future force to be reckoned with. 

Lots of crackles and pops on my copy while playing it. I guess I played it too many times. Since I am going to the Record Fair in Halifax next week a fresh copy of this album is on my list. There is a 180g 2011 reissue which is passable but I am hearing that the Kevin Gray EMI remaster is the one to get.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seth Thomas Gothic Beehive Mantle Clock

Seth Thomas Round Top Mantel Clock

No one told me about the last ten minutes